Each school receives extra sports funding through Sports Pupil Premium.
In our school, this will amount to £9,810.
We intend to use the additional funding to improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school and ensure children have a very good understanding of healthy lifestyles.
We feel that this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
The focus for the academic year 2016-2017 is:
• Collaboration with specialist teachers of Physical Education
• CPD for teaching staff to increase their range of skills focusing on delivering OAA
• Providing new resources/equipment for teaching OAA
• Increasing participation in school sport
• Buying into existing local sports networks
• Provide additional high quality swimming sessions
• Provide high quality coaching for the school football team
The impact will be measured by:
•A greater confidence in planning and delivery of high quality PE lessons
•A deeper understanding of the expectations of the new Primary PE curriculum, including a focus on fitness and health
•Increased participation in PE and Sport, including links to local clubs and organisations
•Organising activities for children and parents around the idea of "Change for Life", this includes healthy eating as well as the importance of physical fitness